An old LCD monitor can contain toxic materials such as lead, mercury, cadmium, flame retardants and polyvinyl chloride. These toxins can be dangerous if the monitor is disposed of improperly, and can result in significant environmental damage if released into the environment. Additionally, if a user is exposed to high levels of the toxins for a long period of time, this can result in serious health problems.
If the LCD monitor is in a condition that it can be recycled and reused, We would usually refurbish the monitor and then resell it at a discounted rate, or donate it to a local charity. If the monitor is too old or damaged to be reused, it will be dismantled and its components (such as plastics, metals and other materials) recycled and used to create new electronics or other products.